Saturday, December 26, 2009

Save the Date Inspiration

When we decided on a Newport wedding, we knew we'd have to give guests advanced notice. A resort town, even in the off season seems to be somewhat in demand- or at least, that's what they want you to think. Plus our guests are all coming from out of state, so we want to give advanced notice for accomodations. Since the save the date is the first item guests see related to the wedding, I wanted it to be a statement piece. I wasn't sure what statement, but I wanted it to convey the feel of our wedding.

So, I turned to the proffessionals for some inspiration.

I instantly fell in love with Laura Hooper save the dates. Her maps are so charming and cute. Perfect for a destination wedding. I love how she can include so many points of interest. I think it would be fun to have a map with our ceremony location, reception location, accomodations and some of our favorite Newport spots like Salve, the cliffwalk and Thames St.
Then I found Stinkerpants Celebrations. The cartoons are fun and whimsical. I love how personalized they are between the couple and fun back drops.
Then, when designing our wedding website, we chose a star fish theme that has coordinating paper from the Papeterie Store. I thought it would be fun to tie in our website design, since it has somewhat set the tone for our whole wedding. These Save the Dates would set the tone for our traditional, yet casual Newport Nuptials.
When we first started looking, we were undecided. Do we want something that represents the tone of our wedding, or something more fun and whimsical, or charming and cute?

Did you choose based on the tone the save the date set, or did you just got for a style you liked?

6 comments:

Katerina said...

Those STD inspirations all so different - but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! I DIY'd mine and tried to convey the theme of the wedding. I think it's a great idea to try matching the website - I wish ours did that.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Great STD's! I LOVE the starfish design. Our wedding website design is that starfish design on Mywedding.com. Love it!

GM said...

I love Stinkerpants! We wanted to use them but it's over our budget so we're going to DIY instead. I think the starfish idea would be great for you since it ties into your location so well!

honey my heart said...

it was a toss up between stinkerpants and laura hooper, and i chose laura because of the maps. they are just so sweet and such a great keepsake. all of my guests loved them!!

LauraAnn said...

Awe! The Stinkerpants is really cute and different but I also love the simplistic starfish STD! I don't think you could go wrong with any of them!

Our STD's followed the theme of our wedding- wedding colors, monogram, etc.

starfish said...

@ Honeymyheart, I'm so jealous you had Laura Hooper maps. I love them, but they are so out of our budget!

@NicoleLynn, Thats where ours is from too!