So why Crate and Barrel? It semed like a good starting point. They have great "price points" for an engagement party. This was kind of our "starter registry", before really having to think about the important things. This was a registry of wants, as the second registry will be filling the needs and will be much more practical.
Our Crate registry ended up with about 10 items on it for our engagement party. It's been over a year since we created it, and it's up to about 20 items and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way.
Mr. Newport's favorite is the Miranda Trifle Bowl. He's hoping I'll make him lots of chocolate trifle (or goop, as he calls it), in the years to come.
- Crate offers a 10% completion bonus. After the wedding, you can save 10% on unfulfilled registry items, including furniture.
- Crate offers a "Thank You Manager". Before you recieve the gift, you'll know who it's from. You'll also be able to keep track of who you've thanked.
- Gift Registry Bonus gifts. Crate has special offers based on what you register for.
- 30 day return policy.
- Offer registry guide and check list.
- Offer announcement cards.
Are you registering at more than one store? Do your registries have different vibes (practical, fun, decorative, etc.)?