Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let's Rehearse!

One of the best things about being a crafter during wedding planning, is having left over supplies from past projects. I love making cards and if I see a really great sale at Paper-Source, I'll pick things up, even if I'm not sure what to do with it, because I know eventually I'll get good use out of it.

Our rehearsal dinner invites were great proof of this. Awhile back, Paper-Source had a huge sale on sparkly red rick rack cards. At the time I was dreaming of a lobster bake rehearsal dinner or using them for Christmas cards, so I bought them without a clear vision in mind.

Fast forward a year and I needed rehearsal invitation materials quick and I turned to my paper drawer and had these waiting, along with left over envelopes and 4 bar white paper. I decided to include some ribbon left over from our oot bags to jazz them up a bit.
They don't really go with the rest of our paper products, but I didn't have to spend any more money to make them, so I was satisfied.

Did you create any wedding projects using materials you already had or leftover from other projects?

1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

I love they way this turned out! We're doing a bbq themed beachside rehearsal dinner so we're also using something red (I think) for the invite.

I'm not sure yet if I'll DIY these invites as my FIL's are hosting it but we'll see! :)